Sunday 17 June 2012

Instruction Flows - Wisdom Grows


- In loving memory of my dear Dad who passed away - 11.06.2004 -
- Happy Fathers Day Dad -
- I miss you everyday -
- I hope I’m making you proud -




** Many times did you tell me that when you were gone
I was to pick up the pieces be strong and soldier on.


But what you didn’t mention a tiny detail you forgot
Is things are not that easy..  Ignore all emotion I cannot.


At times it seems the world has come to rest upon my shoulders
Head spins around my hair is curled,.. Life stops, blocked by heavy boulders.


I attempt to recall all the things you did teach
much younger back then worries where far from my reach..


‘Hold your head up high and always be strong
never let it be known when things start to go wrong’


‘Have a firm hand but a gentle touch
Use force as a tool but never a crutch’


Bite your lip before you cry
always tell the truth and never tell a lie.


Be a good girl take care of your nest
always make sure you’re doing your best.


Make strength hard to shove then stick out your chest
show feelings, express love, patience may be put to the test.


Of your family and Self you must always be proud
Stand out be a leader don’t follow the crowd.


Teach you girls goodness and your boys to be strong
tell them roads that are worth taking may be roads that are long.


I only realize now how right you always were
some days it is hard going yet the years pass by in a blur.


An old man giving lectures Is all I had thought
There were lessons to learn and lessons to be taught.


I grasped one here,  I grasped one there
as you practised your preach from that tatty old chair.


I didn’t realize then that you were on my side
sharing all your wisdom you where helping to guide.


I wish I would have listened more when you were still alive
yet what I learned from all you left.. makes sure I will survive.


I'm thanking you now although I know It’s far to late
I’ll be sure to thank you properly when we meet again


at heavens pearly gate **




Note:  Some of the above content is not my own wording. Over time due to tweaking and adding my own words I am now unable to state exactly the words that I wrote from the words I did not.

No comments: